Keeping food safe is our business but we also prioritize keeping safe the information that you give to us.
When you sign-up to the training – Registration
As a Registered User, you will create a user ID, choose a password, and create a profile. This is your own personal training ID and you are the only person responsible for any and all activities that occur under your user ID, and if you think that someone else is using your training ID, then you need to let us know right away.
Part of signing up for the training means that you’re agreeing to only give us accurate information, so that we can contact you quickly and easily if we ever need to do so.
Please remember to keep your password confidential. Don’t share your password with anyone, and it’s never a good idea to use the same password for lots of different accounts. Again, please do tell us immediately if you think that someone else is accessing to your account.
When you sign-up for training we will collect the following information from you:
• Basic identification data within your profile (such as your name, address, email address, user ID, and password).
• Information about your use of the Product, including the courses that you take, and your performance in such courses.
• Your communications with us and any information contained within such communications e.g. if you ring us to ask questions.
• Information about your areas of interest, including what you read or watch when we send you a newsletter.
• Information you provide to us via your social media feeds or on our social media sites (usually which articles you like or don’t like), so we can plan for only relevant communications with you.
We may put information about you and other individuals together, or otherwise remove your specific details, so that the information does not identify you personally. We may use information in these forms for a variety of purposes, including for research and analysis, administration of our Website, advertising, and promotional purposes.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Website, including:
• Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically linked to your device whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to find your general geographic area;
• Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
• Your browser type and operating system;
• Sites you visited before and after visiting the Website;
• Pages you view and links you click on the Website, including articles, videos, and photo galleries viewed;
• Information collected through cookies, pixel tags, Local Shared Objects, and other similar technologies;
• Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were received, opened, or forwarded; and
• Standard Server Log Information.
We will use the above information to provide you with our Product, and may also do the following:
• Send you information about your certifications that may be expiring.
• Send you information about any of our additional Products we think you may be interested in.
• Share the information with our affiliates or select third-party business partners so they can send you information about additional services or products that you may be interested in. We will obtain your consent before sharing your information with an affiliate or business partner who wishes to contact you about their services. You can control your preferences in your profile page, and can unsubscribe to email advertising at any time by following the instructions in the email.
• Share information with our service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as hosting our Website, fulfilling orders, providing our Product, managing databases, performing analyses, providing customer service, developing our websites or mobile apps, or sending communications for us). These service providers may have access to your information if needed to perform their functions, but may not use such information for their own purposes.
• If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy, a business reorganization, or similar event, we may transfer your information as part of such transaction.
• If we ever have to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or governmental request, or to protect against potential or actual fraud, then your information may needed for this purpose.
We will take reasonable precautions to protect the security of information that we collect from or about you, including your date of birth, email address and telephone number. We allow our employees and service providers to access your information only when the information is necessary for them to do their jobs. Our employees and service providers who have access to your information are required to protect it and keep it confidential.
We will keep your information for as long as needed to provide you with our Product and otherwise at our discretion or in accordance with applicable law.
We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13. We also do not authorize individuals who are under the age of 13 to use the Website or obtain our Product, nor do we direct our Product to those under 13 years of age. If we are made aware that we have collected personal information from a child under 13 years old in a manner that is inconsistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we will delete this information as soon as possible.
Your California Privacy Rights/Do Not Track Disclosures
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosures of your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at The Always Food Safe Company, 899 Montreal Circle, St Paul.MN 55102.
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which you are communicating. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether you intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether you even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not take action in response to these signals.
We are an American company so we follow US law
Please note that our Product is directed towards users who live in the United States. By using the Website and obtaining the Product, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States, and the State of Minnesota.
Links to other websites that we don’t control.
If you ever have any questions about all of this legal stuff, please just contact us.
Last edited: November, 2016