Did you know?
All certified Food Protection Managers (CFPMs) in Illinois working in a restaurant must complete additional Allergen Awareness Training.
Approved by Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH)
Our ANSI accredited training will be accepted by your Health Inspector upon visiting your business.
With unlimited free resits you will be guaranteed to pass our training
Available in English & Spanish
Our training is available in both English & Spanish, so you can choose to learn in the language you feel most comfortable in.
Valid for 3 Years
Once completed your Allergy Awareness certificate will be valid for 3 years
Allergen Awareness Training just $18
ANSI Accredited – Provider #1203
Who needs to be trained?
- All certified food protection managers (CFPMs) working in a restaurant must complete additional allergen training using an approved allergen awareness training program.
- Certificate of course completion must be kept at the establishment, made available to the health inspector upon request and is an item on the inspection report.
For further information, please visit the Illinois Department of Public Health
Chapter 1- Introduction
Chapter 2- Introduction to Allergens
Chapter 3 – The 8 Allergens
Chapter 4 – Recipe creation to storage
Chapter 5 – Preparation through to service
Chapter 6 – Cleaning
For a full detailed breakdown of every chapter, click here.
• Understand what are the causes of an allergic reaction.
• Identify the 8 main food allergens.
• Identify cross-contact risks and understand methods for preventing cross-contact in the workplace through cleaning and sanitizing, good personal hygiene, and controlling the flow of food.
• Understand how to listen and communicate with customers who have food allergies, and how to communicate within the operation from the customer, through front of house to the kitchen, including co-workers, chefs and managers.
• Be able to recognize the most common symptoms of an allergic reaction, and how to deal with an attack.